You might have been told to slow down on your caffeine consumption due to adverse health effects, but good news if you’re one of those seniors who cannot function without their morning cup of coffee. There are actually proven benefits to your health and they include:
1. Dementia prevention – drinking 3 to 5 cups a day can prevent dementia
2. Lower risk of stroke – according to research, the more coffee you drink, the more your likelihood of having a stroke is reduced!
3. Prevention of skin cancer – coffee can disrupt the protein that causes damaged skin cells to turn into skin cancer
4. Relieves pain – coffee is a proven treatment for headaches and it can help alleviate pain from exercise
5. Reacts with brain’s receptors – by reacting with the brain’s receptors, caffeine prevents Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, improve moods, lowers suicide rates and reduces pain.
6. Healthy heart – since coffee is a great source of magnesium, it can make for a healthy heart!
7. Prevention of other diseases and illnesses – Parkinson’s, type 2 diabetes, several types of cancer (liver, endometrial, colorectal), suicide and some mood disorders, gallstones, cirrhosis of the liver and cavities are all prevented and reduced in regular coffee drinkers
Of course, the above benefits refer to drinking coffee black, as adding cream and sugar isn’t going to do your body any favors!