- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, broken
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper; shake well. Discard seasoning packet from noodles or save for another use. In a skillet, saute noodles in butter until golden. In a large bowl, combine noodles, broccoli, romaine and onions. Just before serving, toss with dressing and walnuts.
Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com.