Spring is definitely here in Seattle as this past weekend showed us blue skies, the bright yellow sun, and warm temperatures. We found this great smoothie recipe at eatingwell.com that can help you jump start your day. It provides vitamin C, fiber, potassium and soy protein. Can you say delicious?
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice, preferably calcium-fortified
- 1 banana
- 1 1/4 cups frozen berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and/or strawberries
- 1/2 cup low-fat silken tofu, or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or Splenda Granular (optional)
- Combine orange juice, banana, berries, tofu (or yogurt) and sugar (or Splenda), if using, in a blender; cover and blend until creamy. Serve immediately.
What do you drink to jump start your day?
Click here for the original recipe and nutrition info—courtesy of eatingwell.com