Thanks to AARP.com, here are some great ways to save money while gardening!
- Buy your own seeds—it is cheaper to purchase seeds than plants. Sometimes, one young plant will cost the same amount as a packet of seeds! Sure, it would take longer for the plants to grow, but it’ll make gardening more rewarding.
- Skip purchasing during the season—It is cheaper to purchase your plants, tools, etc. after the growing season is over. Nurseries are more likely to reduce prices to move surplus of inventory.
- Make your own fertilizer—you will save a lot of money and help the environment if you leave a small area in your garden for compost. Some things that can be considered as compost are rotting leaves, banana peels, coffee grounds, leftover vegetables, and eggshells.
Click here for more tips & original article
What are some of your helpful tips?
Now that spring is here, it’s only a couple of months before beach season! Here are some quick tips and advices that we have collected for you to help achieve your swimsuit body.
Are you on budget and finding every excuse to not exercise? Health.com has put together great tips that show you how to work on flexibility, muscle strength and aerobic fitness for free! Some tips that the article suggests are taking a stretch break in lieu of a coffee break to gain flexibility, and working around the house such as pulling weeds and scrubbing the bathtub for muscle fitness.
If you are curious what counts as aerobic exercise, then these ordinary tasks work:
- Walking briskly to work or to do errands
- Pushing a lawn mower
- Sweeping (try with fast pace music!)
- Playing actively with your children
- Walking or playing with your dog
Also, Summer is coming up, which means hot weather! Some people are incline not to exercise, but here are some great ways to get your fitness on. Here are just some examples:
- Try to take early morning or late evening walks. Try walking with a dog or a friend so it will help you make it part of your daily routine.
- Washing your car. This will get you outside and helps you burn your calories. Turn on some of your favorite upbeat music to help make it more fun.
- Go for walks in the mall and we suggest getting a pedometer as an option for you to get motivated to beat your walking goals.
- Doing indoor housework like dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing and cleaning! Try turning on the music and dancing to the beat. It would make these chores more fun while getting some exercise in.
For the elderly, staying active is very important as it increases their life span. By doing these simple tasks everyday, it will get their heart racing and improve their health.
- Parking at the far end of a parking lot.
- Taking the stairs instead of elevator or escalator.
- Get off the bus a block early and walk home.
- Walk to the store.
- Enroll in a dance class.
- Take laps around the park.
What are some of your suggestions?