Ways to burn fat (fast!)
Health.com gave us 51 great tips on how to burn fat fast. Even though summer is over, it is never too late to erase some extra flab and trim our stomachs.
Here are just 7 ways that I found helpful.
- Crank it up early—It is recommended to work out harder during the first half of your workout and then taking it easier during the second half as it burns up 23% more fat than doing the opposite according to a study from The College of New Jersey.
- Speed up, slow down—Try alternating from high intensity and low intensity cardio has it has been proven to cut down on your fat.
- Catch the running bug. – Everyone knows that running (or cardio) is the number one way to lose body fat. People who run at least 4 hours a week are more likely to melt more calories than those who don’t run, and you continue to burn fat after their jog says a Yale University School of Medicine study reports.
- Munch on these. – Food such as Almonds, cherries, yogurt, grapefruit, whole grains, and spicy foods have all been shown to burn fat.
- Think before you drink—Put that drink down! Just gulping as few as 90 calories’ worth of vodka can slow down your metabolism 73%, one study shows.
- Get C and D – Do you want to burn more fat? Get some vitamin C in your body! Want to lose more fat? Get some vitamin D! Aim for 400 to 500 mg of C and 800 mg of D a day.
- Download Rihanna, not Brahms. – Slow music can slow you down, so listen to up beat music which can make you run faster and harder, British scientists say.
Click here for more tips!—courtesy of Health.com through CNN