TGIF! Here is a great healthy burger recipe to try over the weekend from myrecipes.com. Instead of using beef, this recipe calls for turkey which is a healthier alternative.
- 1/3 cup prepared cranberry chutney
- 1/3 cup finely chopped peaches
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 1. Stir all ingredients in a small bowl until they are blended
1. Stir all ingredients in a small bowl until they are blended
Turkey Burger Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns
- Cranberry-peach chutney
1. Combine turkey and next 3 ingredients. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer registers 165°.
3. Place 1 lettuce leaf on bottom half of each bun; top each with 1 burger. Spread 2 tablespoons Cranberry-Peach Chutney on inside of each bun top; place each on top of 1 burger.
Article courtesy of myrecipe.com