Times Healthland tells us delicious alternatives to potato chips and we have to say they all sound really good!
- Apple Chips—they are pretty crispy and are packed with fiber and vitamin C. They recommend: Good Health Natural Foods Crispy Original Apple Chip
- Taro Chips—also a starchy root vegetable, but 30% less fat than the potato. They are packed with vitamin E.
- Sweet Potato Chips (Our personal Fave!)—These chips are tasty, contains vitamin A and manganese (an essential mineral). They taste best with a spice blend.
- Kale Chips—if this is baked right, this leafy green vegetable can be a great alternative. It has vitamins A & C, great for those who like salty snacks.
- Plantain Chips—this treat is only good if you bake them yourself since you can control how much oil and you can add different spices to make them more flavorful. Try purchasing banana chips if you are in a time crunch—they taste just as great and has fewer calories and sugar than potato chips.
For recipes to make all of these chips, click here!