Happy Halloween from Professional Medical Corp!
We found this great healthy recipe from Skinnychef.com for peanut butter cookies. The reviews make it sound like a quite delicious treat!
3 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour or oat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup trans-fat free margarine
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon molasses
2 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a medium bowl or zipper lock bag, mix 3 cups of whole wheat pastry flour or oat flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate large bowl, beat margarine , peanut butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until smooth and well combined. Beat in the egg whites, molasses and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture.
3. Spread dough out onto a piece of wax paper about 18-inches long. Press another sheet of wax paper on top and roll the dough out so that it spans the entire sheet of wax paper. Fold in half.
4. Refrigerate about 1 hour until firm. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 large cookie sheet s with non-stick spray. Peel back one of the sheets of wax paper. Dip the cookie cutter into the remaining flour and cut out your shapes. Transfer to baking sheets.
5. Bake 9-10 minutes until the pumpkins are firm to the touch. Remove to a wire cooling rack. Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Click here for the original recipe! –Courtesy of Skinnychef.com
What is your favorite Halloween treat?